Friday 14 November 2014

Bohemian Rhapsody


Hello, Friends!
If you follow my blog and my art adventures, you may have noticed that if you throw in the word "Bohemian" (or "Gypsy" for that matter) - I'm sold. Immediately! ;)
Carole from my Creative Team made my heart melt today...


I don't know about your part of the world but here in France, winter is not yet on the horizon and we're still enjoying our Indian Summer. This season is such a great opportunity to go on walks and take some photos in beautiful autumn color palettes.

Today, I'd like to present my new layout evoking this atmosphere and created with products from Art Basics, Art Extravagance and Art Ingredients lines.
I'm totally in love with these products and I feel as if I was transformed into a mad scientist trying out all kinds of strange concoctions and recipes. ;)



I think that in this photo, my daughter has this great Bohemian style and feel to her, this very special spirit and embodies the "art de vivre" - the style and art of living - that we really value here in the South of France!
The color combo on my layout was inspired by the tones in the photo and I wanted to play with the beautiful warm shades of autumn.


I started by taking a watercolor paper. It's just perfect when you work with so much ink and a lot of embellishments. I chose two papers from the Sunrise/Sunset collection for the background.

I then cut and tore the pieces of paper in an irregular manner and in different sizes. I grouped them at the top of my page and arranged them descending towards the bottom.


I covered everything with a layer of watered down White Gesso to add some harmony and blend the pieces of paper with the background. The gesso also helps all the inks better adhere to the surface.

Then, using a palette knife, I covered some parts of my layout with Art Extravagance Copper Crackle Texture Paste.
 
 
Then, I went for the all the sparkling things. I diluted Soft Matt 3D Gel with water (not too much, we don't want it to become too watery), I mixed it with glitter and apllied to my page.
 
 
I also added some stamping with black Archival Ink...
 
 
... and some textural butterflies that I created with 3D Matte Gel applied through a stencil. When dry, the Gel is transparent and I planned to cover it with some gold Silk paint later on.


I stapled together a few pieces of paper on which I attached my photo with 3D foam.
 

I added some metal embellishments and paper flowers to decorate the top of my page and to make them correspond with the flowers on the photo.


After glueing everything down, I covered it all with White Gesso and then with different colors of Dylusions Inks and Color Bloom sprays. I let the inks drip to create a downward movement.


Finally, I applied three colors of Silks paints on the edges of my embellishments. When everything dried, I finished with adding some beautiful purple glitter.

 

I wrote my title with China ink and a brush.
And do you remember my 3D gel and stencil butterflies? Here's what they turned out like:
 

Hope you like my project and that you will feel inspired to play and try something new!
Lots of love

Carole
 
 
Materials used:
 
 

8 comments:

Linda M. Cain said...

Absolutely STUNNING!!!

selena said...

les couleurs sont magnifiques!

Unknown said...

Es realmente precioso me ha encantado los colores, 100% arte, besitos!

jasann said...

Absolutely fabulous, so pretty, thank you for sharing

Di Garling said...

So beautiful.

Nancy Briges said...

This is so wonderful! Love seeing the process and thank you for sharing it!

BlackDamaskDesigns said...

Gorgeous!

Нюрка из гнезда said...

Perfect composition!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...