Saturday 9 July 2016

Denim Sea Stories

Are you having a creative artful weekend? I hope you are! :)
I promised to share Kasia's latest creation - a stunning cover of her first art journal.
But before I do, I'd like to remind you about our Denim Journal challenge - you still have time to join in - there are 2 journals to be won and lots of creative fun on the way. :)


And now back to Kasia who's taking us on another beautiful sea voyage...


Hello friends, today I have for you my first art journal cover. I used an amazing product - Denim Art Journal designed by Finnabair.
I was a little bit afraid of working on denim, but it turned out to be a really great base for all mixed media ideas. The cover is thick and catches all media very well.
If you're curious what exactly the journal looks like, I have made for you a video where you can see this product in detail.




And here's my version of the cover. As you probably know, I love sea themes and this was the inspiration for my journal . I called it "Sea Stories". 


For my background I used fishing net which was stiffened thanks to Clear Sculpture Medium


The main decorative element is a resin frame painted with Art Alchemy acrylic paints. First I used Emerald Green and then highlighted the details with Steampunk Copper, simply taking a very small amount of paint on my finger and smudging it in chosen areas.

I embellished the frame with Mechanicals Stars and one of the Plated Labels.


The Art Stones (large and mini) are just perfect for creating the "sea look".
I glued them with Heavy Body Gel and covered with White Gesso.


I encourage you to try to make your own art journals. This is such a great way to practice different techniques, play with media and simply have fun, just for yourself, without any restrictions or imposed topics. Just follow your own inspirations. :)
xx
Kasia


Products used:



6 comments:

Heather said...

Stunning. Love anything nautical.

Nancy Dynes said...

I am so loving your gorgeous journal cover!! The sea theme with all the layering and texture combine to create a fabulous mixed media masterpiece!
Hugs,
Nancy

Kerstin F. said...

Fantastic Kasia, love your combination of Denim and Sea, a wonderful inspiration!!

Yasmina TIN-SANG said...

Stunning Kasia!

ElizabethR said...

I'm a seaside girl and just love your journal cover! x

Johnna said...

Awesome!!!! So creative.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...